Jenni and Rod

I am supposing most folks know by now that Jenni and Rod are engaged. You can go to her blog if you need further details, or further pictures. They had a lot of pictures taken by a friend in Chile before Jenni came back home. I thought I would share some of my favorites.

I love the first one -- look, Rod has a dimple! Someone asked me if he had a dimple on both sides. I guess you will have to see for yourself.



Jenni is still home and we are busy making plans for an August 2nd wedding at Airport Freeway, her home congregation. Jenni is planning an evening wedding, with a dinner reception.

We have her dress! Yes, on the first day at the first salon! She will be beautiful. Sarah and Ava and I all cried along with Jenni when she tried on THE DRESS. She tried on a few more after that, but there was NO doubt which one was THE ONE.


What next? We chose to look for the perfect wedding cake. We had been to the Ft Worth Bridal show and tasted a few cakes. So we started out, armed with our tastebuds. The first tasting was at 9 a.m. We thought, oh well, we will have cake for breakfast! The bakery actually gave us 3 miniature cakes to sample and wrapped up the leftovers. We had a wonderfull time tasting, but what a sugar high! We headed to Bailey's for some protein (breakfast).



We tasted cake that afternoon, too. But we thought we would be smart and have lunch first! Again, the cakes were great. This bakery gave us much smaller samples of a few more cakes. Not such a sugar high after that one.

We liked both places, so we headed to the last place to try the next morning. Again, great cake. And we decided this was the place. The owner met with us, was very helpful, very artistic, and very informative. We learned a whole lot about how to stack a wedding cake

And the owner loved Jenni and Rod's idea for the groom's cake. You will have to wait until the wedding reception to see what she chose. It is not totally designed yet. But it will be unique.

After much looking and internet searching, we have booked a reception venue. It is lovely, and has a great view at night -- it's on the seventh floor. We will leave it to your imaginations as to where that might be. Closer to August we will take Jenni and Rod for a tasting to decide the dinner menu.



Now we are working on ceremony flowers. We are open to suggestions! We had a suggestion from the checker at Sam's today! We were excited! We have walked the aisles of Garden Ridge for ideas. We found a magazine with some good ideas. Ideas will have to translate to what we can actually do, though!

And soon the Mother-of-the-Bride needs to look for a dress! (sounds tiring & expensive) I did look online for a few -- can you believe they want $800 for a dress I will never wear again?

I hope you have enjoyed the pictures. There are lots more, and it was really hard to narrow them down. I am totally enjoying Jenni being home. I read my Mother-of-the-Bride book
daily! This is a joyful time for all of us!

"You thrill me, LORD, with all you have done for me!
I sing for joy because of what you have done. "
Psalm 92:4

Comments

All the wedding planning just sounds like so much fun! I think if I could get Shad to agree (there's no way), I'd renew every year or so just for the fun of planning it. I am so proud for Jenni! Y'all have fun!

Popular posts from this blog

"Now Somewhere in the Black Mining Hills of Dakota....

THE WEDDING!

Advertures in Dining with Ava