Grandchildren Are Sneaky!

 We had the pleasure of having Abby, Keely, and Jenni staying with us for a few days while Rod was on a retreat in Guatemala.  We had a wonderful time.  Those little girls have quite the imaginations!  And they are sneaky.  Very sneaky.  Actually, all my grandchildren are sneaky except for Jack.  And I'm sure he WILL be sneaky one day!   Every one of them likes to play in my room.  The main attraction is the huge paperweight Elliptical machine.  They all are very proud of how well they can make those pedals move!  Sometimes two of them are on there at the same time.  Makes me nervous. 

They also love clocks and timers.  At some point every clock in every room has moved around.  I find them in the kitchen, in the dining room, and in some place that I would never expect.  Pop has an alarm clock with a phone.  Currently we do not have the phone hooked up.  The kiddos can be found talking to someone in China or Europe on that phone.  They love pretending to call someone!  Making me extra glad they don't know how to hook it up.  Pop just uses the alarm, thank goodness.

So, the other morning, before our alarms were supposed to chime in for the day, we were awakened to the sound of an alarm beeping.  It wasn't coming from our alarms.  It wasn't coming from the kitchen or the laundry room.  We couldn't find anything beeping anywhere.  Thankfully it just suddenly stopped.  It was quite the mystery.

Later in the day, as I was starting to make the bed, I discover this:


Can you tell?  It's an alarm clock.  Belongs in the guest room.  Just sitting innocently on the pillows on the ottoman next to me.  Mystery solved!


"It is the Lord who directs your life,
for each step you take is ordained by God
to bring you closer to your destiny.
So much of your life then,
remains a mystery."

Proverbs 20:24 (TPT)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jay's Birthday

Advertures in Dining with Ava

Ava Is One Years Old!